We’re riding this Sunday at PBIR and this might be the last time!
We have a contract for April 24th that we were guaranteed the last few months but that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. So this may be the last event at Palm Beach International Raceway.
Start Time Change for this Sunday
Due to the cleanup from the drag race event on Saturday night, the gates will open at 9:00 am with the first session beginning at 11:00am with riding sessions continuing until 7:00pm.
No Camping / Drop off Saturday Night
Due to the expected volume from the drag racing event Saturday night there will be no camping inside or outside the front gates or Saturday night dropoffs.
What’s going to happen to Palm Beach International Raceway?
The property has not changed hands and will not for at least the next couple months. Palm Beach county has to approve of the zoning change before that happens.
There is still a chance the track could remain a viable entity. If you would like to help there is a zoning meeting tomorrow morning. These are government employees. There will be another meeting in front of elected Palm Beach County officials next month.
PBIR Zoning Commission Meeting on April 7 (Thursday) @ 9 AM
Central Office Visa Center
2300 North Jog Road
West Palm Beach FL 33411
Room VC-l W-47
What the County loses
Lives: increased street racing
The cost to care for the people racing on the street
Loss of hotel room revenue
Loss of Tourism
Loss of small businesses
Auto Parts Stores
Auto Performance and repair shops
Radio / TV / Advertising
Loss of jobs
Jobs: All track employees
Cut back on businesses that rely on the Palm Beach International Raceway
Sales Tax and Property tax
Visitors from around the US, Europe and Central / South America.
Faster home delivery from Amazon and Walmart?
Increased revenue from speeding tickets?
An automated warehouse that removes a unique entertainment venue that cannot be recreated in Palm beach County?
If You Cannot Attend the Zoning Meeting Tomorrow?
You still have the opportunity to voice your opinion:
In the title of your email list:
Regarding Palm Beach International Raceway Zoning
Clearly state you are against the sale of Palm Beach International Raceway.
There are public hearings because it matters what the public has to say. We have listed some of the bullet points below but that may not include your personal situation regarding the track and you.
Feel free to use something we have listed but also include something about yourself. We would recommend giving them your full name and contact information especially if you are a business owner affected by the potential sale.
Warehouses can be relocated. Motorsports parks cannot
ATTN: New Riders to PBIR
- Registration will be located in inside the white chalet. Pick up any gear rentals at registration.
- After registration come to cold pit lane with your motorcycle for tech.
- The rider’s meeting will be located on turn one on the road course.
- Directly after the rider’s meeting will be the first classroom session.
- First riding session for the novice group begins at 11:40am
- Directions to the track – here –.
- Bring a printed copy of the track map for reference. Download – here –.
Dunlop will be onsite with tire sales and service. Dunlop slicks all compounds, Q3+ and Q4 will be available for sale and now the new Dunlop TT93GP Pro for the minis. If you bring just the wheels you will receive free mount and balancing. Remember MotorcycleRaceTires.com will ship to your door for free! Overnight delivery for most anywhere in Florida.
We will have a food truck onsite this Sunday
- Spectators are welcome. $10 for spectators.
- Ride a motorcycle to the track and enjoy free admission for spectators
- Gates open at 7:00am
- Fuel is available on site by credit card only
- No drones anywhere on the property
- Track map link here -> Map
- Send us an email with any comments or questions -> firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you and see everyone this Sunday!
Florida Trackdays, Inc | MotorcycleRaceTires.com
4594 N Hiatus Road Sunrise, FL 33351
T 855-FL-Trackday | D 954-816-6321 | F 954-603-1352